Providing health insurance ultimately benefits the company itself. Happy and healthy workers will increase the productivity of the company. Furthermore, there should be benefits for everyone so that they are motivated to work.
There are factors that motivate employees such as health insurance, bonus, and promotions. Additionally, there are non-monetary benefits such as added responsibility, recognition, etc. Vacation time should also be offered to give the employees a much-needed break.
Reasons to provide health insurance
- Offering health insurance is easy
A health insurance advisor can guide you through the process of offering health insurance. You have to select a plan that suits the coverage preference of your employees and move ahead with it.
- Makes the employees happy
Health insurance is the most important company benefit as it provides security for the employee as well as their family. This should be the main benefit and then additional benefits can be added over time.
- Saves money on taxes
Health insurance premiums provided by employers for health plans are tax-exempt.
- Savings for employees: When employees buy health insurance outside their work, they will have to use post-tax money to buy it. But buying through a group plan, they pay for the insurance with pre-tax money.
- Savings for employers: The employee contributions are tax-deductible. Paying for health benefits instead of salary bonuses is more cost-efficient as you don’t have to pay payroll taxes on them.
- Gives more access to doctors and hospitals
Group insurance networks have more benefits than individual networks. A group plan can have more access to different hospitals and health centers.
- Helps boost employee productivity
As an employer, you would want your employees to bring their most productive side whilst working. Furthermore, if the company takes care of the hassle of selecting and avoid taking risks with different health insurance plans then the workers will feel a sense of belonging towards the company.
Health insurance plans can be tricky to select as an individual. Thus, it is a big relief when the company provides it for them. They feel more motivated, secure and important making them work more efficiently.